Friday, June 18, 2004

Apocalypse Soon

Man, did I screw up. One little trip and I've completely screwed up my sleeping patterns. I pretty much slept all day today, and of course now I'm wide awake. And guess who gets to benefit from my insomnia. That's right. It's you! My faithful blog readers.

So, I think I've witnessed a few signs of the impending apocalypse. First off, I wore make-up two times last week. That's right. Can you believe it? I even wore sexy, high-heeled, strappy sandals and painted my toenails pink. I didn't wear lipstick though. Nope. It's Blistex Shine for me.

Even worse, and a sure sign that we should all take cover, I bought wrinkle cream. Yes. I gave in to the media-induced hype. I noticed that I'm getting this weird little crease under my right eye. Let's call it a laugh line, hmmm. Nivia Q-10 to the rescue.

And I shudder to admit it, but I found a gray hair. It's a big, prominent one too. However, I absolutely refuse to do anything about it. I will just force it away with the strength of my youthful personality.

So I guess 30 really is the peak for women. Because I'm 31 now and clearly sliding down hill. Next, I'll be wearing support hose and a girdle. **SHUDDER** Perish the thought.

No comments: