Sunday, June 27, 2004

Back and Better than Ever

Wait. Did I say better than ever? I meant bigger than ever. I feel like I've eaten my way across Orlando.

So tonight is one of those nights when I have tons of things I could blog about, but I can't seem to focus on just one. And I'm pretty sure none of us want me to rehash my trip to Disney. But I will say this much.

It's amazing how your perspective changes when you have kids. I've always loved amusement parks. And Disney is certainly the topper. My husband and I even went to Disney World on our belated honeymoon. In fact, if someone asked me what I would do if I had only X number of days to live, I'd tell them I'd spend them at an amusement park. There is something so surreal, and out-of-time about them. I love the big rides. The scarier the better.

But when you visit Disney for the first time with your kids, you enjoy it through their eyes. My joy came from their joy. We pretty much only visited the preschool attractions, but seeing the amazement in their eyes trumps any roller coaster ride for me.

My son's favorite attraction was riding the monorail.

My daughter loved the Beauty and the Beast show. She has theater major written all over her. Oh! And she also loved Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain. A year ago she wouldn't even go on a Merry-Go-Round. She's growing up way too fast!

Is it wrong that I was checking out the monkey/gymnasts from the Lion King show? Oh my lord! Those guys were hot. And really into the performance.

My husband said he really enjoyed himself on our vacation. Considering we met my parents there, that's saying a lot.

Speaking of parents...I know where I get my pale complexion from. Jeez. My parents together are blinding.

Having Grandma and Grandpa along meant that we got a couple of nights to ourselves. So, do we go ride the big attractions or dance the night away at Pleasure Island? Oh, no. We go see the Chronicles of Riddick. Did I spell that right? Do I care?

Vin Diesel is weird. Sometimes I think he is really hot, and sometimes I think he's just weird looking. I guess his voice makes up for a lot. At least it helped me get through the movie. I almost choked when Judi Dench appeared. Oh dear lord. The dark angels will be swooping in any minute.

But, oh that reminds me. Jessica Alba and Paul Walker are doing a movie together. (Drool! Over both of them, frankly!) It's some sort of sea adventure. We'll be getting a babysitter the night that opens.

That further reminds me, we had the cutest waiter at Joe's Crab Shack. Too bad about the Marcarana that the wait staff are obviously forced to perform.

Wow. So now you all know how my brain works most of the time. This is the kind of blathering crap that I am constantly filtering.

So, two things. Number one. Thanks for not burning the blog down. It will take me at least a week to catch up on all of yours.

Number two. The next time I mention going to freaking Orlando in the middle of frikkin June, please start an e-mail campaign to stop me.

That is all. I missed you guys!

No comments: