Friday, June 11, 2004

Installment #2

[I know we all enjoy hearing about Tuna Girl's love life. So here is the next question for her, in honor of her *ahem* Weekend o' Fun with the Hubby. --Cass]

Question #2: What was the nearest you ever came to screwing up your life?

Tuna Girl's Answer: I am way too cautious to ever even come close to screwing up my life.

There was that one time though, when I got in a car with a very suicidal boyfriend. Probably not the smartest thing I ever did. Breaking up with the boyfriend was a good idea though. Luckily, he told me to get out of the car before he drove it into a tree. A tree that was about 10 feet in front of his parked car. So he was only going about 5 miles an hour when he hit. But still.

Now, my husband on the other hand. He’s come pretty close to irrevocably screwing up our lives a number of times. He almost didn’t go to boot camp because his grades were too low. (And he informed me of this right before I went to pitch in a championship softball tournament. I cried on the mound and got pulled from the game.)

He got cold feet a couple of months before our wedding. Why are men so stupid? Let me rephrase. Why are straight men so stupid? He said that he thought I wouldn’t be a good military wife. He thought I wouldn’t like the moving and wouldn’t be strong enough to deal with the mission coming first. That’s so much bull.

He told me years later, that he just freaked, just a little bit, that I‘d be the only person he ever had sex with in his whole life. It didn’t help that he had these two little **ahem** admirers ready to show him just what it could be like with someone else.

I remember telling him that no matter what he thought, I KNEW we were meant to marry. So he had just better take a few days and straighten himself out. I had to pitch a game that day too. But I swore I wouldn’t let him ruin another game, and I pitched my ass off.

He called the next day and told me I was completely right. Damn straight. It’s taken him a few years, but he eventually learned that I’m always right.

As far as the sex thing goes...yeah...he doesn’t regret marrying me.
***

[All together now: Awwwwwwwww. Would that we could all be so certain of our future mates! --Cass]

No comments: