Monday, June 14, 2004

Installment #5

When you started blogging, what did you expect to get out of it? How has reality matched up with your expectations?

When I started blogging, I didn’t think I would last more than three days. I’ve never kept a journal or diary for more than three days. I’m coming up on three months now. That is astounding to me. I’ve never done anything on a daily basis for three months in my whole life!

I expected it to be an outlet for me. I have some wonderful and supportive friends, but they’re not the kind of people who I sit and talk with these things about. Their views on life are vastly different than mine and I often feel like my husband is the only adult with whom I can really talk.

I never expected to have any readers. Really. I’m a freak. I’m not entertaining, or funny, or interesting. Why would anyone want to read about all the crap that goes through my brain? I didn’t think anyone would get it.

Now I found that I have this circle of people who I feel like I know. I feel validated and supported in a way that I never expected. It’s given me some confidence to be more ME with the people I deal with everyday. It has been an incredible outlet for me. It feels like I’ve held up a mirror to my soul, and I can see my real self better than ever before.

Who's your favorite blogger? (Just kidding. *grin*)

Well, Cassidy is the long lost sister I never knew I misplaced.
MAK is the most adorable.
Ajax is the hottest.
Mark is the sweetest.
David is the most unique.
Toddy is the funniest (in one sense).
Patrick is the funniest (in another sense). (I also suspect that Patrick may be as horned up as I am.)
Adam is the one I understand best (oddly enough).
Jenniy is the most normal (I love that about her!)
Rossie is my fellow mom.
palochi is THE babycakes (glad he’s posting more)
And all the rest of y’all make me smile, laugh, think, feel, or...well...get horned up on a regular basis.

Have fun doing all those links Cass! :)

[Yeah, that was a delight and a half, Kar. Couldn't you have fewer friends? -- Cass]

No comments: