Saturday, January 01, 2005

A Good Day




My husband's early morning departure couldn't have gone any smoother than it did.

There were no tears from any of us. My daughter just announced that she was sad, and then asked how much longer we have to wait for our new puppy. And the kids and I have been having a pretty good day. We've been watching the Rose Parade and having a good time.

I've even had a good laugh today. At my own expense.

I had to break out the dictionary and look up the difference between dessert and desert. Tee hee. Yes, I graduated Magna Cum Laude. Can you tell?

It doesn't help that we've been teasing my husband about going to the dessert. And I find the phrase, "just deserts" confusing.

Oh well. Maybe you got a good laugh at me too.

But all in all, I wanted to let you all know (especially Patrick, Aaron, and Pua who all called or left me messages) that I am fine. The kids are fine. The husband is probably in Baltimore by now and fine too.

It's actually been a good day.

No comments: