Thursday, January 20, 2005

Love you...

To my friend who senses my desperation and offers to "spend a day playing" with my son.

To my friend who calls just to check up on me when I don't post.

To my friend who will talk to me for hours and hours about nothing and everything and then send me to bed when it gets late.

To my friends who answer their phones, and willingly listen to my daughter read them her homework.

To my friend who won't take "I'm fine" as an answer.

To my friend who is willing to chauffeur me and my kids around a new city.

To my friend who uses the words "fucking" and "cute" right next to each other.

To my friend who listens to my stories about my other friends, only because they matter to me.

To my friend who replies to my "I love you" by saying, "I'd do anything for you."

To my friend who will marry me, have children with me, and still be my best friend through it all.

To my friends who worry about me.

To my friends who make me stuff.

To my friends who read what I write as if it mattered.

And to my friends who call me "Sweetie" even though it bugs my husband.

I love you all.

Who the hell knew I had so many friends?

*****

Speaking of friends, I'm off to Dallas tomorrow where I'll get to meet the famous Mark of Zeitzeuge. Maybe I can finally ask him how to pronounce zeitzeuge.

He'll be the first blogger to meet my kids. Here's hoping they behave!

I'll be back on Monday with a brand new puppy and stories from my weekend.

Behave, boys and girls.

No comments: