Monday, January 31, 2005

Such a Mom!

I love it when readers de-lurk.

One faithful Tuna Girl reader de-lurked to send me a link to this very interesting article about Mommy Blogs from the New York Times. (Thanks, D!)

This got me thinking about whether or not Tuna Girl could even be considered a Mommy Blog.

Yes, I am a mother. In fact, I'm a mommy. And those who know me best will have to agree that I am mother-like to more than just my kids. I can't tell you how many times my friends have said to me, "You're such a mom!" I can't help it. That's just how I am.

But I don't really write too much about my kids here on the blog. Do I?

When I first started blogging, I promised myself I would never even mention my kids. And I think that promise may have lasted, oh, about three or four posts. I just didn't think that anyone would be interested in that aspect of my life.

I also don't chronicle every outing, milestone, and diaper change like it was an actual newsworthy event.

No, I like to think of my blog as a life blog. My whole life is here. The husband, the kids, the sex, the...ummm...what the hell else do I talk about?

But for those of you who might enjoy a more mommy-fied blog, I'm getting my mom on all at once. Hold on, boys and girls. It may be a bumpy ride.

*****

On Friday, as my daughter made her way to my van after school, I noticed that she was holding an ice pack to a huge, red bump on her forehead. Apparently, the Hawaiian stick dance is more dangerous than I thought.

*****

For a school project, my daughter had to dictate a recipe. Here's what she came up with:

Everything Cookies
  • 1 mound of sugar
  • 1 drop of vanilla
  • 2 scoops of flour
  • 1 amount of butter
  • 2 cups of water
  • 100 chocolate chips
  • 100 M&Ms
  • 100 scoops of peanut butter
  • 150 peanuts

Put it all together and stir it.

Put it in the oven on hot for 50 minutes.

Let it cool.

Decorate with frosting, M&Ms, and sprinkles.

Makes 150 cookies.

*****

My daughter brought a notice home from school on Friday. One of her classmates has lice. And now I can't stop itching my head.

*****

If watching Spongebob won't turn little boys gay, wearing these will.


*****

My kids aren't thrilled with the idea that Buffy the puppy might chew their toys. So they put her bed on a chair, put her toys in the bed, and plunked her right in her bed.

Boy, will they be surprised when she learns to jump down.

*****

And according to my five-year-old, "Dioramas are gorgeous!"

No comments: