Tuesday, September 27, 2005

A Challenge

It's a damn good thing they evacuated those aircraft for the two inches of rain and whopping 15 m.p.h. winds we suffered through here. And I'm glad they're not attempting to fly through the partly sunny skies of the Midwest to return to base now. Who knows what hell might befall these combat-veteran fliers when they encountered those fluffy white clouds.

As you may have guessed, my husband still hasn't returned home.

Which would be fine, normally.

But my parents arrive tomorrow night. And my in-laws arrive Thursday afternoon. They're all on their way to celebrate my husband's promotion on Friday morning.

Much like my wedding day, we won't know if he'll actually be here until the last minute.

To say that I'm a bit cranky would be an understatement. My daughter practically flew out of the van and into school this morning, just to escape my mood.

"I just love my school, Mom," she told me. She might as well have said, "I can't wait to get away from you, Mom."

I can't say that I blame her. If I could, I'd get away from me too.

So I've decided to be self-serving. (Like that's something new for me.) In the interest of sparing my kids, husband, and closest friends from the wrath that is a Tuna Girl mood, and in the interest of preserving family harmony with those that gave us birth, I issue you, my faithful blog readers, a challenge.

Cheer me up. You can do it. You've done it before. Let's see how well you know me.

What do you think would cheer me up?

And just to get you started, here's one: A postcard from an exotic locale. Thanks, Jase!

No comments: