Wednesday, April 07, 2004

I Got My Own Thing Now

I usually don't read other blogs before I post to my own. My brain gets easily clouded with other people's thoughts. Sometimes, when I'm reading a genre book, I actually start thinking in that style. Is that weird? I think I might be weird.

But today I was all a jumble, and couldn't think of a single thing to post, so I read first. Last night, when I couldn't sleep, as usual, I reread my own blog from first post to last. And man! I am so trite, insipid, and boring! How did that happen? How did I come across so boring? I'm not boring. Am I boring? I think I might be boring.

Anyway, Mark ended up talking about how he obsessively edits his own posts. I do the same thing. I am constantly rereading to see how I've come across. I am appalled at the number of typos, and I can't just leave them. I have to edit every one, even if it has been weeks since someone has read that post. But I am not a perfectionist. Really, I'm not. I might be a little bit compulsive, but that's just good editing, right?

And Zenchick has been talking about Passover and the plagues. This reminded me about my junior high Catholic School production of Moses and the Freedom Fanatics. I played Miriam. We carried picket signs and wore frog masks. I sang a trio (is that the right term?) with Brian and Garth...I mean...Moses and Aaron. When I walked onstage at the beginning to be introduced by the narrator, I fell. Face plant. Smack. Right into the stage. And I laughed. And blushed. I still remember the songs we sang. But I'm not a nerd. I swear. I was cool. It's not nerdish to remember so much about a junior high play. Right? Of course I did a similar thing in high school playing an old woman in The Roof. I don't even like to act. Why did I do these things? Oh wait. It's because I'm a nerd.

I could go on and on. It's been a crappy day. My wreath broke and my four baby eggs got gobbled up, probably by the stray cat that lives under our house, and poops in our shed. My daughter collected caterpillars from the backyard for her science project, and I know I'm going to kill them by mistake. We have an infestation of yellow jackets. The preschool teacher dropped the ball on the Egg Hunt and is blaming me. I took the kids for fast food again, even though I promised myself I wouldn't. And I have to make 20 jelly sandwiches for a preschool party by tomorrow morning. OH! And I am helping my husband edit a paper he wrote, and it's making me want to tear my hair out. Good thing I love him, and he's cute, and good in bed.

But, a bunch of nice bloggers have linked to me, which makes me feel nice and validated. And my good friend Erin replied to my e-mail. It's been years since we caught up with each other. I thought I must have lost her again, since we were both moving so much. But, no! She's been in one place for 4 years, and I've been here for 5. We must be getting old. I can't even picture what Erin must look like at 30. I'm excited to get reacquainted.

If some sweet person would show me why I am too stupid to figure out how to link to my own previous posts, I'll remind you who Erin is. :-)

Thanks for hanging with me guys!

No comments: