Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Three Decades Down

I have a very clear memory of the month before my 25th birthday. We were living in Pensacola, my husband was in flight school, and I was working at the mall just to be able to afford the occasional movie and pizza. Right before I turned 25, I had a life revelation. Nothing special happened. I think my impending quarter century birthday just spurred me to some life altering decisions.

A lot of it was the normal stuff. You know, eat better, exercise more, be more organized. But we also decided to start preparing to start our family. It was a time of renewal in my life--a time of renewal for the next stage.

I feel like that now. I'll turn 31 in a few weeks, and while I'm not at all upset about it, it has given me focus. I had a set of life goals that I wanted to accomplish by the time I was 30. And for the most part, I accomplished those goals. Now I feel like it is time to get ready for the next section of my life.

So again, I'll start with the eating better and exercising more. It's amazing how those two simple things can set a lively fire in your heart to enjoy life more. It's surely time to lose this pregnancy weight. My youngest is TWO after all.

And his being two is significant to me. I'm not the mother of babies anymore. He becomes more and more a little boy every day. He has one last year at home with me and than he'll start preschool for the 2005-2006 school year. It's amazing how fast time flies with your second (last) child. I've been all about maternal self-sacrifice for the last 5 years. Now I'm ready to focus on me a little bit.

I don't know how long I'll ride this self-improvement wave. But the last one lasted two years. Heck. If I can get two months out of this one, I'll be in a wonderful place.

I felt the need to share this with you here on my blog, because so many of you have been my catalyst. Just by sharing of yourselves, you've given me so much.

Okay. Enough of this philosophizing. I promise to be more entertaining tomorrow!

No comments: