Tuesday, March 01, 2005

For the Love of Pua

I wish I was crafty.

Well, that's not true. My mother tried to get me interested in knitting, sewing, and quilting for the better part of my childhood. But I'd rather swing bats and swish balls *ahem* than do all that girly stuff.

But right now, I wish I had the skill to make something with my own hands and send it along to Pua to show my love.

Pua first commented on my blog when I linked to a gallery of Brendan Shanahan. We first connected over our love of hockey and then through our shared experiences in motherhood and our shared love of our blogger buddies.

She'll probably shake her head when she reads this, but Pua is my idol. Really.

It is very hard to find a mentor in motherhood these days. But Pua is mine. Right now she is the kind of mother I hope to be in *ahem* ten years.

And right now she is going through a hard time.

I've had my own share of hard times lately. Nothing like what Pua is dealing with, but still. She was there for me.

Just days after my jaw surgery--when I still couldn't talk or eat--my hot pink Pua scarf arrived in the mail. I immediately recognized it for what it was: a hug across the miles.

It was so cool to go to New York and see a bunch of us, from all across the country wearing our Pua scarves with pride. She might not have been able to be there, but she was a part of our hearts the whole time.

I was just talking the other day about how much I am loved. But I know that there is a woman out there who is even more loved than me. It's Pua, and she deserves every single tiny last drop of that love, and bucketfuls more.

If you don't read Pua's blog already, you need to. Go over and share some love.

I might not be able to knit her a scarf or sing her a song. But I can tell her I love her all the same.

I love you, Pua. We all do.

*****

See. Case in point here, and here, and here and here and here.

No comments: