Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Ode to My Sex Drive

With apologies to Simon and Garfunkle

Hello libido, my old friend,
It's nice to see you once again,
Visions of Sam Tyson creeping,
Left it’s seed while I was sleeping,
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
With the return of my sex drive.

After horny dreams I wake alone,
Can't get my husband on the phone,
Imagine taking it like a champ,
Parts of me are all moist and damp
Magic Wand will take me through all the night

It feels so right
With the return of my sex drive.


One month down and three more to go until this return of my libido will do me any good. But it's still nice to have my old friend sex drive back in my life.

Seriously, people. In the first three days my husband was gone I probably got busy with myself a dozen times. And then nothing. For weeks. Depression sucks.

But I'm back in the saddle again. I can once again enjoy watching the men pump gas at the base gas station. I will once again take the kids to the BX food court for lunch just so I can ogle the uniformed mechandise. I can once again troll the Internet for pictures of hot men. (Gay friends are good sources for hot Internet men.)

Ah, libido. How I've missed you. Welcome back my old friend.