Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Another Late Night Post

I'm actually typing downstairs on the kids' computer right now (Damn this thing sucks!) which makes me feel weird about using words like sucks.

I'm up so late trying to finish laundry for my darling husband. He leaves bright and early tomorrow (this) morning for a few weeks "business trip" to an undisclosed but resort-like location.

And here's the big news people. The big fucking news. (Oops!) In a couple of weeks I will be flying my sainted mother in to babysit my children and I am going to go join him. Woo Fucking Hoo! (Oops again!) How excited am I? This is the first time in five years that we will spend a night away together. And it will actually be four whole nights!

My husband has decided that we will actually go out and "do things we don't normally do." That means we'll be dancing and I will be sucking up a whole lot of liquid courage.

I actually love to dance, but I don't think I've been in a bar or club in eight years. Have things changed? I know you're all the experts. I have a theory though. (Stick with me, kids, and you'll hear a whole lotta theories.) I decided years ago that if you decide you're cool and go with it you will fit right into any social situation.

We will also be attending a formal ball. And riding a roller coaster. And shopping. And, um...doing other things that y'all really don't want to know about.

I'm so friggin (that deserves a half oops) excited that I'm not even sad to see him go. But, as my long term readers know, it's time to brace yourself for some horned up posts from the Tuna Girl. (Sorry kids!)

I think I must swear a lot when I'm tired.

No comments: