Thursday, May 27, 2004

I Married Superman

Apparently it's, like, Fleet Week, or something in NYC. Who knew? Well, these guys, of course.

I have a long-standing appreciation for men in uniform. But not just any uniform. For example, cops do nothing for me (creepy thoughts of father figures there), and firefighters (despite MAK's drool-inducing picture) don't usually set my fire. And other working class uniforms, like UPS workers and garbage men, don't really get me going. Unless the man in that uniform is exceptionally hot. Then what does it really matter what he is wearing?

But a military man. Oh, jeeze. Even the most mediocre guy can look so delicious in uniform.

Now, my husband is not a mediocre guy. He's pretty hot. I've known him too long to be objective about his looks. I knew him when he had mullet hair and carpenter's crack (both of which he fixed when he was crushing on me). But I think he is beautiful. And my friends and random associates through the last few years have told me he's hot. He has that sort of rugged-guy/I-don't-care-how-I-look/manly-man thing going on. He has a shaved head, deep chocolate brown eyes, luscious and kissable lips, and a strong jaw.

He looks equally hot in each of his uniforms. I've never met a guy who didn't look hot in a flight suit. He used to wear BDUs and he looked very Marine-like in them. Dress uniform: hot. Formal uniform: super hot.

The last time he was deployed he sent my daughter a picture of himself taken during a flight. Holy crap, but he looks hot in that photo. I probably need to copy it and keep it by MY bed.

He has glasses that he doesn't really need, well, very much anyway. If he wasn't an aviator he wouldn't need them at all. So he only wears them when he wants to look less like a thug and more like a scholar. If he wants to throw his weight around and get someone to give him what he wants, off come the glasses. If he wants to wheedle his way into something he wants, or look more approachable, on go the classes. He's like Clark Kent.

Hmmm. Glasses are sexy.

Okay, forgive my self-indulgent musings on the hotness of my chosen man. But it's not something I give a lot of thought. I realize I'm talking about appearances again. What's up with me?

He's only been gone two days and I'm already horned up.

Anyway, I had a point before I got all distracted. I have absolutely no recollection of what it was.

Oh, yeah. It's Fleet Week in NYC. Ogle some for me, boys!!!

No comments: