Saturday, May 01, 2004

Food on the Brain

Last night we went to one of those restaurants where you throw peanut shells on the floor. I know it's supposed to be fun and casual, but I can never feel comfortable there. All I can think about is the mess everyone is making. I imagine those poor busboys going home every night with peanut shell dust in every crevice. I obsess over how long it must take to clean the floors every night. And that sound! Scrunch, scrunch, scrunch as everyone walks over the crushed shells. Not to mention the fact that my son keeps pointing and saying, "Uh oh. Messy." How sanitary is that, people? Ugh.

My prime rib was excellent though. I rarely eat like that anymore.

And the culinary extravaganza continues. One of my husband's co-workers invited us to a Crawfish Boil this afternoon. This guy is from Louisiana so he pronounces it Crawfish Boll.

I will never understand how anyone can eat those things. They call them "mud bugs" for good reason. People keep telling me they're like little lobsters. They're not even close.

Ah. The boy is crying and the husband is yelling. I have to run and do the mom thing.

Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: