Saturday, August 14, 2004

I'm Moody

The thing about moody is that it isn't all bad. In fact, right this very minute, I'm feeling pretty darn happy.

The sun is shining. The temperature hasn't hit 90 yet. The kids are napping. I could nap too if I wanted to. But since yesterday, my moods have been swinging back and forth like a pendulum.

Yesterday, we took the kids to my daughter's school for her open house. I'm so excited for her to start school. All of the teachers there are great, but I especially like the one she was assigned. And the kids (and their parents) who drove me crazy last year are in the other class. Yay! She has a really good group of kids.

Mood swing up!

But, my friend AH finally decided to send her daughter to my daughter's school. Which, you know, is fine. Her little girl and mine are best friends. So, AH demanded that they be in the same class. Whatever. That's fine. My daughter will go through a period of only wanting to play with her, but she has a few other good friends in her class, and they'll all blend and get over it.

But AH volunteered to be a room mother. And she is already driving me crazy. She said she's been having migraines and heart palpitations because she is so nervous about her daughter going to a new school. So she's micro-managing every detail. She insisted that there be other Asian kids in the room. And the little boy who was already in there wasn't enough, she has to have an Asian girl too, so her daughter will be comfortable.

Now I know nothing about being a minority in America, but I do know that these kids don't ever think twice about race. Isn't that the way it should be? Why force these sorts of issues?

My daughter and hers were walking around and my daughter was introducing her to all of her friends. Isn't that perfect? But, oh no, AH had to step in and make sure her kid was properly introduced to each and every kid in class. And you could just see how embarrassed her daughter was.

And there were a thousand other things she did to drive me crazy.

Mood swing down!

Then we took them out to the playground. My mother-in-law (bless her) donated the funds to have the playground improved. All of the parents were very impressed with the new equipment, real playhouse, and actual lawn. It was cool because the donation was anonymous and no one knew that they were really complimenting my mother-in-law.

Mood swing up!

My poor husband has poison ivy. All over. And I do mean all over. Poor baby. He is so sensitive to it. So he's cranky and, well, you know...

I'm on a sex break again.

Mood swing down!

Comments that adults from my daughter's school made yesterday keep coming back to me today. She was hugged so many times. The specialty teachers and the director all mentioned how sweet, happy, and eager to learn she is. There is no parent is the world who can stay in a bad mood when people are complimenting her kid.

And so we end on...

Mood swing up!

*******

Housekeeping

I try not to blog too much about blogging, but I have a couple of things to say. Might as well do it now since no one reads blogs on Saturdays. Right?

1) I lost two posts in the last couple of days. They were both my own stupid fault. I published things too hastily and then went back to edit them (i.e. jazz them up) when I copied and pasted one too many times. Bye bye posts. So if you were wondering, that's what happened. I figure the blog gods were trying to tell me something.

2) I can barely keep up with responding to your comments anymore. Which is awesome. It's so great to have so much feedback. And you've all been playing nice and getting along. It's enough to warm this mom's heart.

Thanks for reading, y'all.

No comments: