Saturday, August 28, 2004

Things that Make Me Happy

These are the things that I find joy in today.

1) This and the man behind it.
1a) And him too!

2) Bloggers who promise to take me dancing.

3) Telephone calls from the man I love. Especially when he says, "You know what I mean. You always know what I mean."

4) The things my daughter brings home from school.

Posted by Hello



5) Cards that my mother sends me for no reason whatsoever.

Posted by Hello


6) Our babysitter who is always eager and has her own car.

7) My camera-loving son, who as soon as I get the camera out, starts yelling, "Cheese! Cheese!" and jumping up and down.

Posted by Hello


8) Chocolate Cream Pie.

9) Did I mention roses? Even if they are making me sneeze.

10) And this little story about my husband.

We got married just a few months after we graduated from college and my husband was commissioned. He unexpectedly ended up being TDY to Texas when we were supposed to get married. I didn't know if he was going to be able to come to our wedding until just a couple of days before.

So he wasn't home for a bachelor party, but his military friends took him to a strip club to celebrate.

Anyway, we hadn't seen each other for a few months. We snuck off to his hotel room before the rehearsal to get reacquainted.

Reunion sex is always nice. But there was something weird going on. He was sort of trying to stay under the covers and was holding me really close. Finally I pulled away and noticed some marks on his body.

Then I really looked close and realized that there was writing all over his body. Things like, Good luck Honey!, and RIP, and hearts and stuff.

He had gotten so drunk at his bachelor party that the strippers brought him up on stage, stripped him, and wrote all over him with magic markers.

I thought this was hilarious. I hope he was wearing good underwear.

Of course I couldn't keep my mouth shut about it. On the way in to the rehearsal I told my friends and word spread. There was lots of snickering going on in church.

He'll never live it down. Graffiti boy.

No comments: