Monday, August 16, 2004

Yet Another Stupid Little Post on a Late Sunday Night

Tomorrow is the first day of school.

God! Do you remember that feeling? Like the whole world is bright and new and everything is possible.

I used to enjoy the summers for about two weeks. And then I would begin to have pangs for the first day of school.

What I never realized is that I would feel this way as an adult. I feel the same excitement my daughter does. I'm so excited!

We have new clothes and new hair cuts and a new lunch box and a new book bag.

And now my days will start at 6:30 a.m. with getting kids dressed and making lunches and driving to school. And my son and I will have the whole day together. We'll go to the gym and music class and play dates. We'll run errands and potty train.

Everything feels new. Can you feel it?

No comments: