Sunday, August 29, 2004

Tuna Cowboys

Last night, after I put the kids to bed and had a heated debate with my husband on the phone, I had one of those nights. One of those nights when I am so bored, I just feel like screaming.

I have plenty I could do. My house is a mess. The laundry is starting to pile up like Mt. Washington. I still haven't put our Disney photos in an album. But I don't want to do any of that.

I want someone to entertain me, damn it!

But one can only hang out at her own blog waiting for someone to update for so long before she feels like an utter and complete loser. (Not that I did that, of course.)

So I flipped, flipped, flipped around on the TV. All of my favorite Olympic sports are over. Hockey hasn't started yet. There's nothing on.

And then I saw the words Tuna Cowboys on the satellite directory and I just had to check it out.

I watched an hour-long program on tuna fishing.

I expected the guys to look like the Gorton's man, but they were really hot. Did you know that they actually dive to wrangle and heard the tuna from net to net? Did you know that they wrestle sharks out of the nets? Did you know that most of them are millionaires? And heck, they're at sea for a couple of months at a time, leaving any potential wife plenty of time to spend all their money.

Tuna Cowboys sound like a pretty good catch to me.

If I was a single gal, I'd be high-tailing it to Australia right now. Hot swimmers. Plenty of softball. And Tuna Cowboys. What more could a Tuna Girl ask for?

No comments: