Friday, August 20, 2004

The Perfect Wife

Last night I went to a Wives' Coffee. I really wasn't in the mood to go, what with the rain storms and missing the women's all-around. But CB asked me to go, and I won't refuse her anything right now.

I enjoyed myself. I think the term Wives' Coffee probably brings about images of Stepford Wives wearing white gloves, sitting around sipping coffee, and discussing the multitude of charities we support.

It's not quite like that of course. I'm new to this squadron but I kind of like it so far. Half the wives there last night were good friends from my old squadron. The new commander's wife is military herself, so she is talented at keeping the meeting on track. I've also noticed in the last few years, that more and more wives are wearing jeans to these things. I'm all for that. If I could get away with wearing jeans, T-shirt, Adidas slides, and my cheerleader ponytail I would.

But, it is still an official-type wives' event. We sign up for committees and schmooze.

Speaking of Stepford Wives, while I was on the treadmill today, I was trapped in front of the TV playing The View. I can't help but read the closed captioning as it scrolls by. This episode was all about Stepford Wives. They talked about fashion and all-girls schools.

All of these proper examples of womanhood are getting to me. My iPod was pumping out the tunes and I had the worst urge to throw my hands in the air and start dancing. I was fantasizing about whipping off my shirt like a gold medal winner and swinging it over my head. I wanted to shake my hips and whoop and holler.

Do you think anyone would notice? They might notice when I fall off the treadmill and bust my ass. I think the headline "Insane woman hospitalized in just her bra" might hurt my husband's career.

1 comment:

razai cover online said...

I enjoyed myself. I think the term Wives' Coffee probably brings about images of Stepford Wives wearing white gloves, sitting around sipping coffee, and discussing the multitude of charities we support.
king bedding sets ,
king size bedspreads ,