Sunday, August 22, 2004

The Remedy

I was brought low by the blogger gods this weekend.

First, our cable is out. How, oh how did we ever live in a world without highspeed internet access? I'm dialing in at a whopping 12K. My own page takes at least five minutes to load. I'm having blogger withdrawals (which I'm treating with lots of ice cream).

Second, my poor husband. The poison ivy has spread to his eyes.

But I have far, far worse news. Guess who has poison ivy now. That's right. Your's truly.

It started with a little spot on my knee, and has spread to most of the side of my left leg. This is my first time being afflicted with such a horrible skin abnormality (which I'm treating with lots of ice cream). Calomine! Take me away!

Third and last, damn the earth's rotation. While USA Softball is playing at a lovely time of day in Athens, I am forced to stay up all night to watch the semifinals here at home. Staying up all night, ringing my hands over every pitch does not make for a happy Tuna Girl. The gold medal game will start at 8 a.m. local tomorrow. Which is fine because I'll be awake and at home. But I will miss out on going to the gym (which I'm treating with lots of ice cream). Damn.

No comments: