Friday, November 26, 2004

How am I thankful? Let me count the ways.

I had a really nice day yesterday.

You'd think that celebrating Thanksgiving when you can't eat would be a real drag, but I actually had one of the nicest Thanksgivings I can remember.

I am feeling especially thankful for things this year. I am especially thankful for the absolutely amazing sex that seems to have become a regular part of my life lately.

But that seems a little sacrilegious, doesn't it?

So I guess a close second would be my wonderful family, my precious kids, my secure and comfortable life, the excellent health of me and mine, and the gift of being able to do exactly what I want to do with my life.

But I'm thankful for those things every year.

This year I am most thankful for the many new friends in my life.

It can be hard to make friends as an adult. And that's especially true for a military wife and stay-at-home mother. But this year, as I was celebrating the holiday with my best friend and her family I was struck by the fact that CB is the closest friend I've had since Erin and Christine in college. And that surely is a gift.

But for me, the new friendships don't stop there. I am just overwhelmed by the generous hearts and beautiful souls of all the new blogger friends I have made. It is amazing. I count some of you among my very best friends. And having the opportunity to meet some of my bestest new blogger friends in New York in one week is an especially sweet gift for me.

Yeah. You know what?

Scrap all that bullshit.

I'm really just grateful for the excellent fucking.

No comments: