Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Tag! I'm it!

Scott tagged me with the music meme. Fucker.

He tagged me because he'd "like to know what straight women in Oklahoma are listening to." (I'm assuming he was joking about Oklahoma since I don't live there.) Fucker.

I was hoping to avoid this because I have embarrassingly bad musical tastes.

But here goes. Please don't think any less of me.

1. Total amount of music files on your computer:
How do I figure that out? Kidding. I have 3.44 GB (to fill up my 40GB iPod).

2. The last CD you bought was:
I haven't bought a whole CD in a while. It was either the Avenue Q cast recording or Scissor Sisters.

3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?
Sadly, it was Eminem's "Lose Yourself", but only because it was on the one decent radio station we receive down here in OK. According to my iPod, the last song I listened to on purpose was "Slide" by Missy Elliott.

4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you:
This is where it gets scary.

"When I'm Gone" by 3 Doors Down: This is the ultimate deployment song. My favorite lyric is, "I'd never let you down, even if I could."

"I'm Gonna Make You Love Me" by The Jayhawks: This comes from an album called Smile. And this song makes me smile every time I hear it. My favorite lyric is, "I'll never be all that you want me to, but that's alright."

"Power of Two" by the Indigo Girls: This reminds me of college and my long-distance relationship with the man who would become my husband. My favorite lyric is, "Chase all the ghosts from your head, stronger than the monsters beneath your bed." Also, "If we ever leave a legacy, it's that we loved each other well."

"Lovers in a Dangerous Time" by the Barenaked Ladies: I listened to this song over and over again after September 11. My favorite lyric is, "Kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight."

"Let's Get it Started" by the Blackeyed Peas: I can't help but dance when I hear this song. Which makes me happy. And anything that can make me happy is very important to me right now. I also think Fergie is hot, hot, hot.

5. Who are you going to pass this stick to? (3 persons) and why?
Hmmm? I'm so shy, this is really hard. Plus, I have to go back and see who hasn't been tagged yet.

Patrick, because he's my friend and I won't feel shy asking him.

Ryan, because he looks good in a wetsuit. Or, well, actually because he is one of my new favorite people and hearing about someone's musical tastes is a cool way to get to know someone better.

And Famous Author Rob Byrnes because it would be interesting to see what old people like to listen to. Do you think he even knows what an mp3 is?

***Update: All three of my boys responded. Aren't they sweet? Go check out what they had to say, and then explain it to me. Because I've never even heard of 1/16th of what they talked about.

No comments: