Saturday, July 17, 2004

Because You Were Dying to Know

Well, I did it.  I survived my five-year-olds birthday party.  I have never been so dirty in my life though.  A horse farm has got to be one of the dirtiest places on the face of the earth.
 
Why is it, that I have never been to a birthday party where the birthday child didn't have some kind of accident?  Mine fell off the picnic table.  But kisses were dispensed and all was well.
 
Only five girls showed up, which was really perfect.  And they happened to be five of the nicer girls we know.  Although, they were all between a half hour and an hour late.  That's one thing I really despise about my friends.  There is nothing worse than being late.
 
I overheard the moms talking about how much my daughter had grown up, and that was kind of cool.  She has grown tremendously this year.  She was such the little hostess.
 
One little girl told me it was the "best party ever" and my own kid said that she was the "luckiest girl in the world" so it was worth it.
 
As we were driving away though, my husband whispered to me, "Never again."  He's oddly shy in these situations.
 
I finally feel like I can get my life back to a routine now.  I never realized how much I thrive on routine until I had children.



No comments: