Monday, July 26, 2004

Picture This

Lately, I've been able to put a lot of faces to the blogs I read.  At first, I was a little leery of this.  I know that as we read, we all come up with mental images of what a blogger looks like.  Which is funny, because how can you tell what someone looks like based on just their words?  That's kind of like deciding someone is hot based on their voice.

When I worked as a secretary, guys would hit on me all the time on the phone, saying that I sounded sweet, nice, or beautiful.  I thought that was so weird.  I could be a troll, for all they knew.  And I think they enjoyed telephone-me so much, that they would be disappointed by the real me, no matter what.

I felt the same way about my blog.  Isn't it better to let your imaginations fill in the image of the me that you feel fits, without any photos to get in the way?  That's why I prefer to read a novel than watch a movie.

But then, I saw a bunch of your pictures.  And I'm loving it.  I feel a little like a voyeur, but it's fun.

And you're all so friggin' adorable.  Seriously.  You'd think a bunch of people who decide to write about their lives online might not be so attractive.  But you are.

It's nice to have a face to go with a blog.  What do you guys think?  Have you ever been disappointed by a bloggers mug?

By the way, don't expect any pictures of me to show up on my blog anytime soon.  We're eeeeasing  the hubby into the blogging thing.  Baby steps.

No comments: