Sunday, July 11, 2004

Shake It, Baby Boy

My son likes to dance with me. It's our special thing.

I almost always have music playing in the kitchen while I work or cook. Yesterday, my son was standing on a step-stool, helping me make lunch. I was bopping out while I was working and I noticed that he was imitating me.

I figured it was my motherly duty to teach my son how to dance. There's nothing sexier than a man who isn't afraid to dance, right? Maybe someday it will help him attract his one true love.

So I told him, "Shake your bum, Buddy." Which he did. He stuck it right out and shook it for all he was worth. He even copied my arm movements and my facial expression. It was too cute for words.

Sometimes, I think it is these little moments, like dancing in the kitchen with mom, that define a childhood.

No comments: